2/24/2007

Richard Dawkins - "There is no such thing as a Christian Child"

I thought you all might find this interesting and insightful. I know that Informationalism is not explicitly atheist; my closest examination has led me to conclude that Spinoza-like Pantheism or weak Atheism are probably the best approaches to Informationalism. I posit a simple redefinition of the terms so that Atheism and Pantheism become one.

I feel this movie links up my last post, because it shows the harm that can come from forcing unfounded dogma onto children. I would not even condone labeling a child as a Informationalist child. It is a matter of choice that must be made at an age of consent.

I'm showing this in the hopes that all of you will take an opportunity to take another look at your own faiths; to try and discover where you may be dogmatic. I'm asking, as always, that you consider the benefits of the possibilities that come with Informationalism. Finally, it is my hope that some of you might decide to help pick up the cause, and embrace this progressive philosophy.

2 comments:

Coffee Messiah said...

I watched this program when it was on, and was most gratified to hear his talk.

It's unfortunate, the labels some people stand behind and literally force on their children.

If one watches a child, unconditioned, the world is equal, in every way. It's only when the labels and conditioning occur, do people act as if their way, is the only way.

It's early, but hope I made sense.

agreenearth said...

I do wish there was an understanding how the practice of religion which usually includes structure, ritual, hierarchy and power is often so different from `walking in the path of your chosen teacher'.